- Kitchen & Bakery Utensils
- Bakery & Pastry
- Meat Processing
- Machines & el. Appliances
- Handling & Storage
- Catering & Banquette
- Buffet & Food Display
- Table Top
- Service Utensils
- Various Knives & Tools
- Advertising Products
- Manicure / Pedicure
- Hotel Room Appliances
The Anti-GriddleArt.No.: 072801
Winner of the Food Network's Award for Tasty Technology!
The Anti-Griddle™ is a traditional cooktop with an amazing twist: the device quickly freezes sauces and purees instead of heating them!
Inspired by Chef Grant Achatz at Alinea Restaurant in Chicago, this unique innovation opens a new dimension in freezing sauces and purees, crèmes and foams.
Develop solid or semi-frozen creations with satble , crunchy surfaces and cool, creamy centers. The tantalizing dual-textures create a surprising and unoque experience in restaurants. On buffets and at catering events, the Anti-Griddle always attracts diners when preparing a frozen appetizer or dessert right in front of their eyes. Let your culinary imgination run wild!
- Quickly freezes sauces and purees into solid, unique forms or freezes just the outer surfaces while maintaining a creamy center
- Minus 30 °F 'griddle' temperature ensures instantaneous results
- Approximately 1 square foot high-endurance cooktop provides an ample, easy-to-clean work surface
Within 5-10 minutes the Anti-Griddle™ surface will reach a temperature at -30 °F. Applying a thin film of olive oil before freezing the griddle surface will work as a release agent.
"The possibilities are endless. We re-invented smores with a frozen marshmallow, liquid center chocolate, covered with Graham Crackers. This machine makes us rethink what we can actually do. - Matthias Merges, Charlie Trotter Restaurant, Chicago
Some Anti-Griddle Inspired creations:
- Frozen salmon mousse
- Rhubarb Jasmine Merengue
- Caramel-Rosemary vanilla lollipops, liquid center and served on a rosemary stick
- Vanilla-orange swirl with strawberry wings
- Peanut butter brownie in a frozen crème anglaise coating
Cooking Temperature: Fixed at -30 °F / -34.44 °C
Griddle Dimension (LxW): 14.5 x 9.38 in / 36.8 x 23.8 cm
Overall Dimension (LxWxH): 15.88 x 18.38 x 10.5 in / 40.3 x 46.7 x 26.7 cm
Electrical Power: 240 V 50 HZ, 3.5 amps
The PolyScience Anti-Griddle: A Brief Overview with Philip Preston, President of PolyScience